Saturday, April 18, 2009

Moroccan Chicken and Lentil Salad

I've been meaning to make this Moroccan Stew with Quinoa since I saw the recipe on Gourmet magazine's website a couple weeks ago.  I had some cooked chicken thighs in the fridge so I decided to make a chicken and lentil salad with lots of the same flavors.
Shredded chicken thighs, french lentils, roasted carrots and onions, green olives, chives, garlic, lemon juice and a bunch of spices: paprika, cinnamon, cumin, ground ginger, chili flake, salt and pepper.  This was good but not the best salad I've made - I'm sure the warm stew is great and I still plan on making it soon, maybe a veggie version.

It's also possible that I can't really enjoy this salad because I'm just too stuffed from eating this delicious beast of a breakfast sandwich:  

Tony Luke's broccoli rabe, egg and cheese topped off with lots of hot sauce.  Oh my, this is good stuff.  Tony Luke's - they're more than just cheese steaks!

3 comments:

Kim - Easy French Food said...

I make this moroccan chicken recipe which is kind of typical of how a lot of French home cooks make it, but I really like your idea of pairing the Moroccan flavors with lentils. Looks very tasty and healthy!

Mom said...

oh man, that sandwich looks ALOT better than the Egg McMuffins that we just had! When we come visit and try one??

eatingoodinthehood@gmail.com said...

Thanks Kim - that recipe looks very similar to the gourmet magazine one. I'll be making it soon!

Mom - I'm sure that Tony Luke's was better then an egg mcmuffin. You can come visit soon, I owe you a baseball game since the basketball game didn't happen!