Monday, April 13, 2009

Balsamic Glazed Tofu

After the excessive amounts of pork I ate yesterday I was in need of a light, meat free dinner.  I decided on balsamic glazed tofu with white beans and kale.   

I used the dry fry method for cooking the tofu then deglazed the pan with a mixture of balsamic, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.  For the beans and greens I cooked some red onion in a pan then added a big bunch of kale, salt, pepper and some of the balsamic mixture.  After the kale cooked down for a few minutes I added the white beans just until they were heated through.  I tend to use tofu only in asian dishes, this was a nice change. 

2 comments:

Junkdrawer Media said...

ooh that sounds delicious! yum. Also- was at my Aunt and Uncle's house for easter. Ate Pineapple stuffing too. I've never tried it before and it was delicious! Can we have a girly cocktail night soon?

eatingoodinthehood@gmail.com said...

Pineapple stuffing is awesome I sort of wanted to eat it with vanilla ice cream. And YES cocktail night soon sounds perfect!