Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Presto Pasta Nights...

This week Michelle at Greedy Gourmet is hosting Ruth's Presto Pasta Nights (#75! - that's a lot of pasta!).  I'm excited to participate in this weekly blogging event.  My contribution is linguini with pea and basil pesto and shrimp.

Sometimes a quick pasta dish is the perfect supper.  I love whole wheat pasta.  I guess some people don't like it and I admit that the stuff that tastes like it's whole wheat might take some getting used to but Whole Foods brand wheat pasta tastes like regular pasta.  Ron groaned when I picked up the whole wheat linguini at Whole Foods - but he ended up really liking it.

This dish is super simple and was inspired by Barefoot Contessa's Pasta, Pesto and Peas that I make all of the time!  For the sauce I pureed some defrosted frozen peas with basil, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.  I cooked the pasta according to the package directions and sauteed some shrimp seasoned with salt and pepper in a little bit of olive oil.



Toss it all together with some whole peas and halved cherry tomatoes.  So good - can you tell I like simple pasta with seafood?  Ron made this one a little while ago - it was just as simple and just as delicious.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I've never tried wholewheat pasta, but I'm sure I'll like it since I prefer wholewheat bread to white. This dish looks super healthy and not so mention delicious!

Ruth Daniels said...

Since I started South Beach Diet a few years ago (and have to get back on the wagon), I've become a fan of whole wheat, multi grain and other interesting pastas.

Thanks for sharing such a fantastic dish with Presto pasta Nights