Monday, August 18, 2008

I ate S'mores in the 80's...

First let me apologize for being absent for a bit - I've had a TON going on and I plan on blogging about all of it!  Starting with this fabulous and completely ridiculous 80's party that our friend Jackson held to celebrate 8/08/08.  How rad are our outfits?



When I asked Jackson what I could bring he told me that he'd really love some cupcakes.  I don't think I've ever made cupcakes before but there are several great blogs out there dedicated to nothing but these lovely, perfectly portioned treats.  After much debate I decided on S'more cupcakes from How to Eat a Cupcake.  I made mine mini - I figured they'd be perfect for popping in your mouth.  Next time I won't use wrappers.  After several drinks people don't really see the wrappers and just go to bite right in - wrapper and all!  But Jackson was happy with them and when I left the party there were only three left - I consider that a success.



Aren't they cute?  Go visit How to Eat a Cupcake - she's got a ton of really fun cupcake recipes! 
I think I see more cupcakes in my future. 

No comments: