Friday, November 7, 2008

Salmon and Cauliflower Gratin

Salmon definitely isn't my favorite fish but it looked really good at the market the other day so we picked some up.  I planned on searing a couple of pieces for dinner one night and then making the rest into salmon cakes for another dinner but Ron liked it pan seared so much that I just did it that way two nights in a row!  

I just seasoned the fish with salt and pepper and seared it skin side down in some hot olive oil for about 4 minutes then flipped it over and cooked it for a couple more then threw it in the oven for a few minutes to finish up.  


I also made individual cauliflower gratins - I didn't use a recipe and they weren't that great but Ron made a really great one a couple of weeks back that you all should try.  It was an Ina Garten recipe so of course it was delicious!  Ron's mom made a dinner of salmon cakes, macaroni and cheese and stewed tomatoes a lot when he was a kid so this meal is a little nod to that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cauliflower gratin was really good... Don't sell it short!