Sunday, August 2, 2009

Raw Tuna, Grapefruit & Avocado Salad

Have you seen Mark Bittman's 101 salads article? It definitely inspired me to create something different from our norm. We eat a lot of vegetables but not a whole lot of salads but it's the perfect time of the year for them. This one was a combo of a few that I saw in Bittman's article.

I mixed raw ahi tuna, jicama, napa cabbage, grapefruit and avocado with a little bit of soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, a squeeze of grapefruit and red pepper flake.



This came together really quickly, was super fresh and, best of all, didn't require any heat. I meant to add chopped salted peanuts on top but I forgot - I'll definitely top my next bowl with them!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

where do you get tuna from that you trust raw?

eatingoodinthehood@gmail.com said...

Hi Brittany - I get my tuna and John Yi's in Reading Terminal. We shot grocery shopping at the Terminal for an episode of "Dinner Impossible" and Michael Symon bought tuna there and made crudo for a few hundred people - I've trusted it ever since!